Friday, July 25, 2008

A most miraculous pregnancy

I saw Rebecca at the hospital back in January or February on base, and I noticed that she was glowing.

"Megan, I'm pregnant! I'll be needing you this summer!" I knew of her difficulties of being able to conceive and that this was just the best-est news EVER for her and her husband.


She called me last week and the joy in her voice is hard to miss. The story of them being able to have babies is truly a miracle and hearing her and Randy talk about their adventures is funny and inspiring.


I went to her very cute home this past week to do her maternity portraits with her husband. Because they know EVERY other detail of their pregnancy due to the modern miracle of in-vitro fertilization, they have chosen to be surprised about the sex of their baby when it is born. Rebecca is constantly referring to the baby as "him" or "her", alternating randomly, and she doesn't miss a beat. Our evening was full of laughing, and feeling the baby kick, and hearing about their story, and we had such a wonderful time.


Rebecca and Randy, thanks so much for letting us come to your home and help you celebrate your future by doing your maternity portraits. I'm excited to come to the hospital after the baby's been born and I know you guys will be just such wonderful parents to this little miracle of yours.


Here are a few of my favorites. I hope you love them, too!


No comments: