Monday, July 28, 2008

A fundraiser on July 30, 2008

The news about the With Love for Lucy Spaghetti Dinner, Auction and Raffle has spread like wild fire in Anchorage. A baby girl, a little over 1 years old, is suffering from some kind of leukemia and her family has gone bankrupt because their insurance won't help them anymore.

I know a couple of the family members and they have told me that this is such a blessing for this special family. When I spoke to Nicole at the Arctic Gym, she sounded very excited about the event and I understand that over 500 tickets for the dinner have been pre-sold (yes, that's $5,000!) already and they are gathering prizes for the silent auction from all over.

I am going to be giving away a fabulous deal: a free session, a portrait package worth over $100, and a frame (a total value of $235) for my contribution, plus I'll be there eating spaghetti and bidding on some stuff. There are also going to be Cakes by Deb, Art by Andrea, Security system through Guardian Security, Alaska Railroad tickets, Sports packages and so much more!

Please consider coming to this very worthwile fundraiser. I know that you will have fun there and help celebrate a little girl's second chance.

This event will be at the Anchorage Lutheran Church, 1420 N Street. Tickets for dinner are $10.00 each. For questions, please call Nicole at 563-3330 (Arctic Gymnastics) or 317-4210.

No comments: