Saturday, August 16, 2008

A fini-flight

I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from Irene, who is friends with a mutual friend of ours. I was recommended to her when Irene asked if she knew any photographers.

There is a tradition with the AF pilots called a Fini-flight, when a pilot PCS's and the plane that he flies is being retired (please correct me if I have it wrong). There are a whole bunch of things that happen with this tradition, BUT the big thing is that when the pilot comes off of his plane, he gets sprayed by his family with water from a fire extinguisher and champagne. Irene wanted this to be captured professionally, so she called me. I am game and love to have new experiences!

This adventure was awesome and thanks to Irene and her adorable family for a fun afternoon! I hope you enjoy your photos; I know you will!


No comments: